Odd work week, tired and feeling uninspired. Which Jessica does not like. Missed a day blogging for the first time in two months which I have decided will not happen again!
Here are the rules:
-Post these rules.
-Post 11 random things about yourself.
-Answer the questions set for you in their post.
-Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
-Go to their blog and tell them they are tagged.
-Tag 11 people.
So, in an effort to be inspired, here goes…
11 random things about me:
– Have never been able to make up my mind which season is my favorite. Summer? Fall? No idea.
– My mom and I have been known to end up crying in laughter in grocery stores over funny gift cards (this falls in line with my tendency to hoard stationary…)
– Massive sweet tooth
– Secretly wish I was more adventurous
– Romantic at heart
– Super organised at work, a mess at home
– I think free upgrades to gold medallion status on airlines are amazing presents…
– Get slightly overexcited when it snows
– LOVE Christmas
– Addicted to chai tea lattes (thank you for opening, Starbucks in Grande Central…)
– Really should go to bed earlier
My answers to questions:
1) What smell reminds you of your childhood?
This is a harder one to answer than you think! I remember the distinct smell of my grandparents’ house. Wish I could describe what that was exactly – probably a mix of antique furniture polish and potpourri.
2) What one thing would you like to change about the world?
It would be great if we would all slow down a bit to enjoy the smaller things.
3) How long is your hair?
4) Which period in history would you love to spend a day living in?
The turn of the century to take in all those great dresses…but just for a day though, pretty sure I would not be a fan of the corset.
5) Do you have one maxim you try to live by?
“Humility makes great men twice honourable.”
6) What is your favourite accent?
The one that goes with the phrase “This is the BCC world service”.
7) What did you think of the last book you read?
Fall of Giants by Ken Follett – LOVED it.
8) What is your favourite foreign cuisine?
Difficult… Thai? Italian? Indian? Do I have to choose?
9) What is your handwriting like?
One of my proudest accomplishments. Neat, tidy and always cursive.
10) What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their smile or lack thereof.
11) What colour is your bedroom?
White but that may soon change…
My new questions with a new rule: I encourage everyone to answer them!
1) If you could have a free plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
2) What is your favorite quote?
3) Which do you prefer: Spicy or mild? (feel free to embellish)
4) If you could have a dinner party with three famous people, who would you invite?
5) Let’s say you play hookie from work, what would you do with your day?
6) What is your favorite book of all time? (yes, i may be searching)
7) Who is your favorite artist?
8) What is your happiest memory?
9) What do you think of Belgium?
10) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
11) Cat? or Dog? Or other?