I am an absent blogger. Truth is, finding the time has been hard lately. This upsets me as the blog has become a great channel to get away from my normal life which consists of pretty much the opposite of everything you find here. HOWEVER. Two things will help me remedy this in the near future.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 1!
Meet Thelma, my new camera.
Ironically, I have not actually taken a picture of Thelma yet, so this is not her. She is a lovely Canon EOS. Why Thelma? No idea, but a friend asked me what my “new baby’s” name was and that seemed as good as any. The name Thelma is hilarious.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 2!
I am going on vacation tomorrow!
My parents have flown into the UK and have rented a house in the Cotswolds for a week. Currently looking forward to a 6am wake up call tomorrow morning to get to the ferry on time and cross the Channel. We are going to stop at Windsor Castle on the way up and then spend a night at our favorite Lamb Inn in adorable little Hindon. We’re planning on a trip to Woodstock and Blemheim Palace while we are there, and otherwise (fingers crossed for the weather), plan on lots of walking, reading and cooking. Excellent.
I’m not sure yet about the reliability of internet access, etc, while I will be away, so I thought I would leave you with some extended reading of fun things I have noticed on the interweb as of late.
(What we did before the web… I am just not sure…)
(…that’s a lie, I have a pretty good idea, but I think it was probably not as much fun.)
Have a marvelous week. I’ll be back soon with some Thelma photography.
Vacation reads from the Interweb
- Visit the Eiffel tour just in time for Bastille Day
- Or if you prefer the country, visit Norway
- Rumours on Wes Anderson’s next project
- If I was in New York this summer, I would be doing all of this
- Montreal is cool
- What I am visiting on the first day of holiday (see if you can spot the actual building behind all the shots of Fiona Bruce…)
- Tipping etiquette around the world
- Thoughts on these San Francisco recommendations?
- Eat dinner here in Brussels.
- And get drinks here first.
- A friend was looking for wedding inspiration. If there is one site to consult, this is it.
- If you don’t know The Everywhereist yet, shame on you.
- For the life of me, I have never been able to braid my hair. Goal is to come back from holiday able to do it. (And cheat using this site.)
- Great dress
- Adorable. Bean talks to Siri, the iPhone app. (Great YouTube channel)
- Daily Grace is my favorite YouTube channel. That woman is freakin’ hilarious.
- Wait! I almost lied. Grace is tied with Mr. Arturo Trejo & Amigos.