While wandering around Edinburgh this weekend, we came across some stunning coffee table books and it got me to thinking I’d like to start a collection.
This could very quickly get out of control as I’ve never been able to contain myself in a bookstore… (one of the loveliest traits handed down to me by my Mom.) So in order to avoid amassing thousands of books so heavy I will not want to move with them, let’s lay down some criteria.
The books must be:
- visually arresting
- associated with a place you have been to and loved
- insightful about a place you want to go
I have my eye on these at the moment. Some are new, many are old. All look like books I’d never want to put down.
Have any favorites you’d recommend?
(…now if I only had a coffee table… keep your eyes posted for a “coffee table to put coffee table books on” post coming up in the near future.)
For images and more on the books above, follow these links:
- Liberal Sprinkles on Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney
- GQ on The Sartorialist: Closer by Scott Schuman
- Taschen on the NYTimes 36 HOURS
- Design Sponge on The French Cat (+ French Dog!) by Rachel Hale
- Habitually Chic on The World in Vogue: People, Parties, Places by Hamish Bowles
- Black Eiffel on Paris in Color by Nicole Robertson
- Design Files on Etcetera by Sibella Court