It has been a great week and I am wiped! Such a lovely few days with wonderful feedback on the blog and (finally) a calm week at work. I hear sun is on the way for the weekend and I go on holiday in two and a half weeks! I would plan on snuggling up like a bug in a rug (or a cat on a blanket) for most of the weekend, but we have quite a few plans. A wedding reception, some errands, (finally) buying a washing machine and perhaps even a “Brussels Picniq”.
I will be working to edit lots of photos over the weekend but to tide you over in the meantime, here are some links to what I’ve loved on the interweb this week, in a new series called Super-Pretty-Funny.
- My friend Amy has taken 6 months off work to discover Argentina. Her blog, On the Flip Side, is insightful, hilarious and inspiring.
- Fortune cookie cupcakes… I need these.
- How have I made it this long without reading Rian’s Truth and Cake blog, I don’t know but I making up for it now and reading it all in my free time!
- The jump for joy photography project is a ton of fun. Spread the word and/or donate to the project.
- Karen Mordechai’s photography of the Sunday Suppers get-togethers in Brooklyn is stunning and makes me immensely hungry. If I lived in New York, I would be all over these classes!
- I discovered Sunday Suppers through the Makers Project – with photography by Jennifer Causey.
- I am looking for eight people who want to stay in a castle with me.
- The Sylists’s list of 100 best closing lines from books has me adding a few more to my reading list. (Except for The Old Man in the Sea…which no one should ever be forced to read ever again.) (On the other hand, every child should read Charlotte’s Web.)
- I am obsessed with the BBC’s Olympics commentary – only compounded by moments like this when the team watched Mo Farah win the 10,000m Gold.
- Michelle Collins’ recaps of the Olympics for Vanity Fair are even more entertaining than the real thing.
- The tumblr of US gymnast McKayla Maroney not looking impressed with things is worth at least 5 minutes chuckling.
- I want a pet Koala.
Have a great weekend!