It has been rather rainy this week, during which I had some great news and some hard news. I won’t be going home for Christmas this year, which is a bit difficult because a) I will miss my family to bits and b) it is the one time of year I get fully behind American excess. But I know it will be wonderful none-the-less and more on that to come.
In other news (drumroll please) I might be going to South Africa!! I have always wanted to go and especially after D’s good friends from there visited Europe last year. In a moment of pre-emptive overexcitement I already bought a guidebook and cracked as soon as I saw pictures of “the big five” (zebras, giraffes, lions, rhinos and elephants) along with whale watching and some shots of Table Mountain. Not to mention the vineyards in Stellenbosch… or Kruger National Park …. and now I’ve worked myself up again and have to go look at some more pictures.
I leave you with so many links!! This week was one giant overload of gorgeousness.
Have a great weekend
– The people over at Guinness are geniuses. Not sure what this video has to do with beer, but it is absolutely adorable
– Much of this mirrors my own thoughts on turning 31
– I wish more people thought like this. Take the time to read this one.
– Super cool new MOOD magazine pairs food and music advice. And its creators are from Brussels!
– Obsessed with this London-based website.
– A fabulous blog with a fabulous Jimmy Choo photo shoot in Antwerp
– Does one need safari notepads when one actually goes on safari? Who cares, they are adorable.
– Oh good lord I want to stay here