What will I be up to this weekend? After I have finished stuffing my face with cranberry and stuffing on Saturday (more on that here), the goal is to start planning our trip to South Africa in April!
One place I will be aching to add to the itinerary is Babylonstoren, a beautifully preserved “werf” (farm yard) in the Cape Dutch tradition about a 45 minute drive north of Cape Town above Stellenbosch. I am OBSESSED with this place and its blog.
Whether it’s the history of its Cape Dutch architecture, its shaded walk “The Puff Adder” or the gorgeous Delft Blue China plate framing its trees in the garden, I can’t seem to stop staring at pictures of it. This would make sense seeing that it’s the brain child of the former Elle-Deco editor, Karen Roos.
So I imagine it will be a fairly inspirational weekend. What are you up to?
Below are some weekend links to get you started.
- The Vanity Fair celebrity “where I travel” series. Why have I only just found this!?
- Kind of want these summery-looking shoes…
- This clutch.
- Can’t wait to see this.
- The Duchess blogs!
- Give some more time and get some more time.
- My new favorite buffet lunch in Brussels.
- Remains one of the most touching dance routines I have ever seen. Cry every time I watch it but worth it for the choreography.
- Most beautiful Vogue cover you will ever see.
- Eloping to Paris
- You will not be able to get this out of your head after you listen to it (totally worth it)
- That’s right – its that time of year for cheesy things like this!!
- Responding to e-mails when you probably shouldn’t.