Brussels, with the above picture, I would hereby like to inform you of what Christmas should look like. The 25 meter high “electronic tree” you have decided to put up on the Grand Place this year just does not do. Really? Metal and wood? It looks like scaffolding has been put up in the middle of what is otherwise a simply gorgeous square. Sometimes it is just better to stick with the traditional. Take a note from Rockefeller Centre. That’s how Christmas is done.
If you need more tips, watch this adorable video of Bo Obama wandering admiring the White House Christmas decorations (quite possibly the cutest thing ever to come out of Washington.)
To forget about the metal monstrosity on the Grand Place, here is a longer-than-usual round up of links for your weekend!
- Steph’s house in France is the loveliest thing you’ll ever see. And in what is possibly the sweetest thanksgiving giveaway ever, she is offering a week’s stay to one lucky reader.
- More Rockefeller Centre Christmas.
- Love these nifty maps which track where you have lived. Found over on Jay’s blog.
- Meet the man who has travelled to all 201 of the world’s countries.
- Not super at all. But very interesting story of Nutmeg.
- Great name for a great blog: The Traveling Philosopher.
- Seriously considering taking one of these classes.
- Time lapse travel Route 66.
- The September Issue, part 2?? One can never get too much insight into Vogue.
- US Downton Abbey fans get their own show.
- Jenna has convinced me I need to go here during my trip to South Africa (hint: Bush Babies)
- Gorgeous Christmas windows at Berdorf Goodman
- What you wear when you meet the Queen
- Minnie Mouse has big fashion dreams in this original video for Barney’s New York.
- Tiffany’s new video.
- Great review of Grace Coddington’s memoir on Style Bubble (thanks C!)
- Loved reading the reviews of Sunday night’s Elizabeth Taylor movie on Lifetime
- This Christmas count(er)down(er) Twitter feed is hilarious.